5 Things you should know about studying in Spain

- Tiempo de lectura: 5 min

Studying in Spain has become a dream that many young people have set their sights on; whether it is because of the culture, language or offer in masters and postgraduate programs, it is one of the most chosen destinations at an international level.

Regardless of what you are going to study, if you are a citizen from outside the European Union, you will need to apply for your student visa to come to Spain, that is why we leave you 5 things you should know about this visa for you to take into account.

1. There are different types of visas that you can apply for depending on the length of your studies- Short-term student visa, for those foreigners who study between 91 to 180 days in the country.- Long-term student visa, in case the duration of your studies is longer than 6 months.

2. Your student visa can be extended for the same reasons by requesting an extension of the student card at your local police foreigners office.

3 You can apply for a residence permit for studies by entering Spain as a tourist.

4. With this visa, you have 3 main options to work in the country:- Carrying out internships with a maximum of 20 hours per week- Modification of the residence authorization to a work permit- Applying for a Residence Authorization for Highly Skilled Workers.

5. With this permit there is the possibility to bring your family so that they can accompany you during your stay as a student in Spain‍If you want to know more details about this type of residence permit, do not hesitate to contact us!

The GLEX team will be happy to help you in your adventure in Spain.

Contact Us

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.